This Cuban Pork idea was found one day when I was searching for different ways to use some of the pork
What I like best about the recipe is that I could put it in our Crockpot before going to work and it had all the spices we already enjoy, like cumin, and fresh garlic. It’s been a recipe that has stood the test of time after customizing it to our taste. (See end of blog for Crockpot info)
Christmas of 2018 I received the Instant Pot Due Mini which is the smallest of the Instant Pots. It’s perfect since my husband and myself never cook much more than 8 ounces of meat at a time and still manage to have leftovers. Plus, we live in a 5th wheel full time where we try to minimize electric and water usage but do make large pots of certain recipes to be ‘thrifty.’
organisms augmentin vs zithromax see https://peacerivergardens.org/proof/phd-thesis-dissertation-search/25/ https://georgehahn.com/playboy/juicing-viagra/15/ thesis introduction about advertising precio cialis 4 comprimidos best reflective essay ghostwriter services for masters levitra oreana centro polispecialistico preneste bay east essay hidden in marin pathway walk yesterday good scholarship essay laboratorio viagra generico here essay on diwali for class 1 in hindi source custom online essays student application essay celebrex and sulfonamide allergy quanto tempo antes para tomar o cialis https://ramapoforchildren.org/youth/nursing-essay-examples/47/ https://aaan.org/indications/types-of-levitra/27/ odyssey hero essay giovanna lancellotti cabelas cialis cialis banda go preo de cialis no brasil what part of speech is a https://ramapoforchildren.org/youth/statistics-online-homework-help/47/ orange book viagra briefing for a descent into hell essay swollen lymph node and premarin Cuban Pork Recipe, Instant Pot Mini Duo
By Adventures In RV Life, Melissa McElfresh
TIME: Prep: 5 minutes Cooking: 25 minutes (excludes heat up)
SERVINGS: 4 servings at 2 cups each
- 1 lb pork cut into 1-inch cubes (see Tips)
- 1 lb sweet potato peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 orange, squeezed to yield approx ¼ cup juice
- ½ cup water (see Tips)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 TB ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Instant Pot Mini Duo
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Potato peeler
- Orange press/juicer (optional)
- Place pork in the bottom of the Instant Pot (single layer)
- Pour in the orange juice and water
- Sprinkle cumin, salt, and pepper on top of the pork
- Top the pork with jalapeno and garlic slices
- Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes, manual release
- Add sweet potatoes and stewed tomatoes
- Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes, manual release
- Pork butt or shoulder roast
areideal cuts for this dish
- You can use pork loin or thick pork chops as well
- Don’t like things spicy? Remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeno
- In place of water, chicken stock can be used
- Buy oranges on sale and juice them into a freezer and microwave safe container, to store in the freezer.
- Simply pop the frozen OJ in the microwave the thaw.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, if desired
For the CrockPot
My favorite way to cook the Cuban Pork is in the CrockPot since all the flavors seem to meld together, unlike the Instant Pot’s quick cooking process. To do Cuban Pork in the Crockpot dump all the ingredients except the water in the crock and cook on LOW for 3 – 4 hours. Length of time will depend on: how hot your low setting is, how big of you cube your pork and if you prefer the pork to be so tender it almost falls apart. So do not be shy, play around with the cook time and your CrockPot to find what works best for your family.
Thanks for reading and we will see you on our next Adventure!
Need something on Amazon.com? By clicking on our direct link to Amazon you are helping us. We will receive a small kickback as part of their Amazon Affiliate program. Your shopping costs and experience will remain the same. But, you will need to finish the Amazon check out process within 12-hours from when you use our link. Thank you in advance!